Standing up for others is what Jacob V. Hudnut (Jake) loves most about his work. To date, Jake has represented over 1,500 persons in civil and criminal courts. He has successfully tried many cases to verdict in front of juries with excellent results for his clients.
Jake’s career began as a Special Assistant to a Commissioner of the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, working alongside regional leaders in business and government. After earning his law degree from Seton Hall Law, he was appointed law clerk to the Honorable Peter J. Vazquez, the Presiding Judge of New Jersey’s largest criminal division.
Compassion and persistence are among an effective attorney’s most important characteristics. Jake credits his parents for instilling these qualities in him at a young age.
- B.A., cum laude, Political Science, Montclair State University (Student Body President)
- J.D., Seton Hall Law School
- State of New York
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court of New Jersey
- United States Southern District Court of New York
- United States Eastern District Court of New York
AFFILIATIONS & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Hudson County Bar Association, Trustee
- Jersey City Employment and Training Program, Broad Member
- Harsimus Cove Association, President
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Op-ed: “Hudson County Jail A Death Sentence for Too Many,” The Jersey Journal, Jan. 29, 2018
- “Guns and the Law,” New Jersey Office of the Public Defender Statewide Training, March 2016
- “My Solo Adventure,” New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, June 2012